Thursday, March 22, 2012

Weight loss








I had gastric bypass. Yes, I did. Some call it the "easy way out." For those, I want to choke you out. Just kidding. You are just misinformed. There are several different weight loss surgeries to help you lose weight. The problem is it doesn't fix the underlying problem. Most people with weight issues use food as a comfort. Just like alcoholics use alcohol. There are actually quite a few people that have weight loss surgery that have what is called a "cross-transfer addiction." We no longer can soothe our emotions with food so we do with shopping, drinking, something else to fill the food mold. I still struggle with this.I love food. I didn't get to 238lbs without having some food passion. I would love to be a chef one day. I need some serious cooking classes, but food is a passion of mine. Having a pint sized stomach does not help this. After weight loss surgery with exercise 6 days a week I went from 238lbs to 117lbs within a year. Then I started drinking wine and eating sweets here and there. Not for comfort, but to fit in. I have my inner demons that I fight everyday for losing things that I loved most in my life. The only thing that makes me feel real is to drink. Is it because I can finally be myself and people except me for who I am? This conversation will be continued.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I finally found you! Anyway I still can't believe how much you changed in that year of pictures! You are an amazing person and very happy that our paths crossed again your one of my best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad we are so close too. Who knew how close of friends we could of been back then. I'm just glad we are now.

    ReplyDelete